Monday 14 December 2009

The desperation of the nine to fivers...

Went to dinner last night and a lady there was an ambulance driver and she remarked how abusive and threatening other drivers were when she was hurrying to an emergency. This came as a bit of a surprise - after all, ambulances should be great levellers but as a cyclist I know that in the last few years, car drivers are getting were hostile - but mostly with each other.

It reminded me of the other evening when I was coming up Drayton Gardens and there was a long line of stalled traffic and most of them seemed to be blowing there horns, quite a few out of their cars and pumping them through the window. I of course, being a cyclist, passed them all on the pavement and when I got to the end, discovered they were all blowing at a temporary traffic light which was lingering on red. Yes, they were honking at a traffic light..!

Its pretty obvious that the nine to five life, when it includes a lengthy drive to and from work, is stressful and getting worse - thank God I've never had to do it..!

No comments:

Post a Comment